Always Only For My King

Take my voice and let me sing always, only for my King. Take my lips and let them be filled with messages from Thee. Take my silver and my gold not a mite would I withhold. Take my intellect and use every power as You choose. Here am I, all of me. Take my life, it's all for Thee.

Monday, February 07, 2005

proverbs 16

so i was inspired by God and dennis with regards to proverbs. so i've been going through the OT in order for awhile, and it was/has been a challenge to go through psalms, and now proverbs. i guess i like it when there is more of a theme in large chunks.

but today, as i've semi-done my quiet time, there were some verses that i really liked out of proverbs 16 that really apply to my life and nat's life. here are the verses: (proverbs 16, all in NLT)

1 We can gather our thoughts, but the Lord gives the right answer.
3 Commit your work to the Lord, and then your plans will succeed.
9 We can make our plans, but the Lord determines our steps.

from these verses interdispersed in the chapter, i just pondered and chewed on it a little bit. it has great application right now as i'm feeling a little bit stressed with all the school work that i have to do right now. and for nat b/c he woke up feeling stressed about his qualifying exam (big scary exam you need to pass to be a PhD student). so in our stresses, worry, and anxiety, i've been learning that it's really great to pray to the Lord, and it's nice to have the Word back up this thought!

but then, the beautiful thing about reading these verses is that i've seen the promises fulfilled from these verses while planning for the wedding so far. eventually, i had to let go of the planning, and the Lord has shown me how He's "determined our steps" and the fact that our "plans will succeed". ah, willing obedience and blessing, how they go hand in hand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home