Always Only For My King

Take my voice and let me sing always, only for my King. Take my lips and let them be filled with messages from Thee. Take my silver and my gold not a mite would I withhold. Take my intellect and use every power as You choose. Here am I, all of me. Take my life, it's all for Thee.

Wednesday, January 06, 2010

another good exchange from today...

nat: i can't watch him embarrass himself. just like you can't watch violent parts, i can't watch socially awkward parts.

nat proceeds to walk out of the room. :P

this is while we were watching "the proposal" tonight.

3 Comments:

Anonymous DC said...

I feel exactly the same way. I am most uncomfortable with movies when someone is doing something socially horrific.

Even when the movie pretends like it's a good thing.

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Kyle said...

Hate to make this a stereotypical male thing, but I also can't watch. I don't walk out of the room, but I have been known to change the channel when people are saying things that are incredibly embarrassing. However, it's also true that I really like comedy that integrates a certain kind of social awkwardness (Parks and Recreation does this about as well as anything I've seen). I'm not sure where the line is between "embarrassing" that I want to avoid watching and "awkward" that I find funny, since they're potentially related to each other, but I certainly know it when I see it.

11:45 AM  
Blogger Ramona said...

that's why you and nat are such good friends. :)

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home