Always Only For My King

Take my voice and let me sing always, only for my King. Take my lips and let them be filled with messages from Thee. Take my silver and my gold not a mite would I withhold. Take my intellect and use every power as You choose. Here am I, all of me. Take my life, it's all for Thee.

Monday, May 04, 2009

garden

well, it finally stopped raining on friday night, and i was antsy to get my garden planted. since we didn't have small group last night, i thought that it would be the perfect time to till (with a shovel) and plant the garden. :) i was a little worried when i started tilling that it would be too damp, but it wasn't. i tilled the garden while nat did other gardening projects out in the front; sean decided to stay in the backyard and help me. he did quite well just walking across the garden and playing with the dirt.

after i tilled the garden, nat came back and helped me mix in some sand and break up some of the larger clumps. he took sean so that i could plant my seeds without worrying about what sean might do to the garden. after and a half, i finished tilling and planting my garden! i have basil, lettuce, cilantro, green onions, bush beans, beets, arugula, and lettuce planted. hopefully they'll do well this year! :)

on a related note, i was cautious not to work too hard in the garden and overexert myself. the work wasn't too bad, and i actually had quite a lot of energy to do chores after dinner! i think it was being outside in the fresh air and the satisfaction of having my garden done. unfortunately, i did get a light sprain in my ankle (i think from the tilling), and my forearms and lower back are sore. but, it's not too bad, so i'd say it was worth it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home