Always Only For My King

Take my voice and let me sing always, only for my King. Take my lips and let them be filled with messages from Thee. Take my silver and my gold not a mite would I withhold. Take my intellect and use every power as You choose. Here am I, all of me. Take my life, it's all for Thee.

Friday, January 08, 2010

longhorn love

yesterday's championship was heartbreaking for me, but not as heartbreaking as it would have been if we'd lost with mccoy in the game. it seemed like things were going the longhorn way until colt got injured and went out of the game. when gilbert came in, i knew that the game was over. the leader of our offense was out, and it was unrealistic to ask the team to pull out a championship win with a true freshman quarterback that had "no significant playing time".

as the 2nd half rolled around, i was pleasantly surprised by my longhorns. the defense played spectacularly and with heart. they were fired up and were playing like they had a chance if they could get the offense onto the field. sure, 'bama was playing conservatively to protect their lead, but give credit to the defense in how they just dominated 'bama defensively for most of the 2nd half. then, gilbert got some confidence and scored for the horns. when i thought the game was over in the 1st half, the horns showed that they might be able to pull off a miracle with 4 minutes to go. sure, it went downhill after gilbert fumbled the ball, but there was a real glimmer of hope right at the end of the game. we didn't get blown out. we didn't embarrass ourselves. we played with heart. we played the best we could have having lost colt and having a true freshman play. good job longhorns. i'm proud of you!

2 Comments:

Anonymous DC said...

Hook 'Em!

12:57 PM  
Blogger Ramona said...

thanks dc. and *thanks* for calling me yesterday to say that while we were losing. :P

2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home