Always Only For My King

Take my voice and let me sing always, only for my King. Take my lips and let them be filled with messages from Thee. Take my silver and my gold not a mite would I withhold. Take my intellect and use every power as You choose. Here am I, all of me. Take my life, it's all for Thee.

Friday, October 21, 2005

drifting away from friends

i've seen many of my friends who have gotten married and started drifting off the map. i didn't think that i'd be one of those, but, sadly, i realize that i am. i've realized that it's takes a lot of effort and initiative for me to not drift away from my previous non-married life. i'm beginning to think about why this is more. i think that when i was single, when i wanted to be with someone, i'd just go out with my friends--whether one or a group. i also realized that i stayed up later than i do now, and had a little bit less responsibility. now, i'm always around someone (well not always, but a lot of the time, especially in my free time). when i come home, i just feel like there's always something to do around the house (and given the state of our house, there is a lot to do). by the time i do some chores, cook dinner, i'm at a state of being too lazy to do anything else but stay at home. so i guess it's a combination of not realizing that i really miss hanging out with others and being lazy. so, i really want to correct that. i'm hoping that i can start tonight by going to gradIV and hanging out with people i haven't seen in a long time.

oh, another thing that i've realized is the fact that when nat gets busy and doesn't seem to have time for things, i kinda follow suit. i don't go out, don't invite too many friends over, and basically don't socialize. it's funny. i guess i'm going to have to work myself out of that.

switching topics. i'm having an extremely hard time motivating myself to finish this thesis that i'm currently working on. i love my new program (human factors), but i'm not really digging the project that i'm doing. i'm basically looking at tools for network security engineers, which is too computer-sciencey to me (i had hoped to avoid something technical like this for my second masters topic since i did my first masters in CS). why am i doing it then? well, it's what my job is for my assistantship, and so i might as well kill two birds with one stone. everytime i'm in the office, i just keep looking at the time to count down when i can go home. maybe this is a good way to make a note of what kind of job i do not want. anyways, i'm trying to break down the things i need to do piece by piece and try to get small things done so i can make some progress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home