Always Only For My King

Take my voice and let me sing always, only for my King. Take my lips and let them be filled with messages from Thee. Take my silver and my gold not a mite would I withhold. Take my intellect and use every power as You choose. Here am I, all of me. Take my life, it's all for Thee.

Monday, January 29, 2007

will work for money. :)

it's almost been a full month since i've been unemployed. fortunately, we haven't felt the financial crunch yet of being on one income, but i have a feeling in the next couple of months we will. i've applied to a couple of part-time positions, but haven't heard back from any. but we're trusting in God's provision (which might come in the form of our savings :P).

i think the hardest thing for me about being a housewife right now is getting bored. many days of the past couple of weeks have been spent watching tv and doing nothing. fortunately, we're getting rid of our cable soon (fleeing from temptation! yay!). nat pointed out (after a day of vegging for me) that if i interacted with people during the day, it would be good for me. we lo-and behold, last week, i also got to go to play group with my church, and that was great for me (nat gets a gold star for knowing me so well). i think people interaction definitely helps me feel less bored and more energized to do things. :) i suppose, as a last resort, i could also do some housework to be less bored, but that's crazy talk! ;)

6 Comments:

Blogger JadeEJF said...

Interacting with people is definitely good while unemployed. I suggest hanging out with some of the SAHMs during the week... and you can hang out with some of my friends, too, like my friend rumblebrumble on LJ :) I bet egana could use some good companionship too. Geez, I kind of wish I was unemployed. I miss my social life...

1:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I bet egana could use some good companionship too."


Oh yeah, egana is always looking for fun people to not do things with. Come on over here and do nothing with me! *grin* No crazy talk, I promise!

1:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, how are you at painting?

I want to get the new bedroom painted this week, but it is so BORING painting by myself. Let's trade work, shall we? You come over here and help me paint this week, and I'll come over there next week and help you with a project?

1:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know there are a number of good volunteer places in the area that you could get involved in and both interact with people and do something worthwhile (and quit whenever you want). Just two examples: Habitat for Humanity has a thing in downtown Champaign and there was an announcement at your church one time about some crisis pregnancy center needing volunteers.

-DC

3:03 PM  
Blogger Kris C. said...

Feel free to come out to St. Joe sometime - you can be my excuse to avoid housework! :) We can always watch Connor/Cade TV if we can't come up with any decent conversation.

3:54 PM  
Blogger Ramona said...

thanks egana and kris for offering. :) i might go over sometime and hang out. :)

i'll look into volunteering too! (thanks for the suggestion DC).

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home