Always Only For My King

Take my voice and let me sing always, only for my King. Take my lips and let them be filled with messages from Thee. Take my silver and my gold not a mite would I withhold. Take my intellect and use every power as You choose. Here am I, all of me. Take my life, it's all for Thee.

Monday, November 20, 2006

beloveds

i had the privilege of babysitting beloved1 to beloved4 for fruittart and her husband yesterday. :) it was pretty fun. we had dinner, watched toy story 1 & 2, and got ready for bed (but not me, of course). they were all fabulous and did what i told them, so that was a huge blessing.

it was kinda cute b/c they all wanted to talk to me and tell me their own stories. it was kinda like that volvo commercial where a dad is taking his daughter home, and she's telling this long and random story where she just keeps going. :)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for watching the girls so we could go celebrate the second anniversary of the Husband's 39th birthday!! ;-) I'm glad they were obedient.

That talking thing -- yeah, it's just constant here -- I tell them to be quiet and they don't hear me b/c they are too busy talking . . . all four at once . . . it's an introvert's hell.

Whenever they get a pair of 'fresh ears' they really go wild hoping *someone* will finally listen to them. We've instituted a 'raise your hand to speak' rule at the dinner table to keep some order. They actually think it's fun and I think it's b/c they know that at some point they will be heard! ;-)

3:13 PM  
Blogger Ramona said...

Even as an extrovert, it's hard to listen to all those stories. I think it's harder b/c the stories jumps all over the place. :)

I think it's harder for to be more assertive in this situation b/c I don't want to be rude and stop their story. I guess I'm a big softie. :P

I'm glad you and husband had a fabulous time! At the same time, I'm sad to hear that you're coughing more today than yesterday. :(

10:02 PM  
Blogger Ramona said...

I think Nat thinks the stories (like the commercial) is endearing, but I don't think he'll think our own kids will be quite as endearing if it's constant. :)

10:04 PM  
Blogger JadeEJF said...

You may have gotten the Beloveds, but I got Miss E. tonight, from MN and his lovely wife. She loves, loves, loves egana and gorfy's new cat and has the most delightful laugh!

I'm glad we get to steal other peoples' kids every once in a while :)

10:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehe. Speaking of endearing qualities, my baby cousin Jacob was talking to me in church. And when I'd get closer to him to try and hear him more clearly he'd start whispering. Kids, who can understand them?

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home