Always Only For My King

Take my voice and let me sing always, only for my King. Take my lips and let them be filled with messages from Thee. Take my silver and my gold not a mite would I withhold. Take my intellect and use every power as You choose. Here am I, all of me. Take my life, it's all for Thee.

Monday, January 15, 2007

prayer rooted in Scripture

i had a very encouraging time at small group this past saturday. first, fruittart's husband made it home (with beloved 1 - 3) safe and sound right as small group started. that was just an extra blessing to see the family reunited. :)

the most encouraging part came at the end of the night where nat encouraged us to share our anxieties for this year, and to encourage one another through Scripture and our experiences. sharing with the women in the group was so encouraging. i was so blessed and amazed how each prayer request had multiple Scripture references that were thought of at the top of people's heads! it was truly amazing, and it reminded me of psalm 1:2-3,

But his delight is in the law of the LORD,
and on his law he meditates day and night.

He is like a tree planted by streams of water,
which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither.
Whatever he does prospers.

i could see how each women has mediated on the Word as they shared and how they were like trees planted by streams of water. it was wonderful and such a reminder of 2 timothy 3:16-17,

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great encouraging night! Steve Fuller just preached on Psalm 1:1-3 on Sunday (at Mercy Hill Church :)) He was encourageing us all to know God's word more and do exactly what you guys were doing. Press on my friends!

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home