Always Only For My King

Take my voice and let me sing always, only for my King. Take my lips and let them be filled with messages from Thee. Take my silver and my gold not a mite would I withhold. Take my intellect and use every power as You choose. Here am I, all of me. Take my life, it's all for Thee.

Friday, May 16, 2008

things i'll miss about champaign (and urbana): part 3

running into people i know

i just came back from the store, and i ran into my friend jess and her son liam. the past few weeks at the grocery store, i've seen my friend dave working. i run into my friends while working out (granted it's on campus and they are students). a month ago, i ran into some friends while at the park.

i don't think i've ever lived in a place where i run into my friends "out of the blue". it's nice to see familiar places when i'm out running some errands or just enjoying the day. i think the odds become much smaller once the town gets bigger. maybe it just means i need to meet more and more people. :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

And you ran into me at the new library a couple months ago...

4:38 PM  
Blogger tony c said...

Actually, I doubt it matters how big the town is. I run into people I know in SF all the time. This is mostly because my friends live in the same few neighborhoods and tend to go to the same coffee shops, grocery stores, restaurants, gyms, etc. This isn't accidental. Even though the city as a whole has more people, you still have similar interests with your self selected group of friends which result in similar tastes in places to go within the city.

9:59 AM  
Blogger PB&K said...

I remember bumping into you and Nat at the grocery store one Friday evening. I believe I hadn't shaved for a very long time and that I had this silly hat on.

I agree with Tony, too. We still manage to bump into people we know at the market, cost co, etc.

9:46 PM  
Blogger Ramona said...

kyle--i sure did. i think my long term memory is not doing so well lately. :P

tony & pb&k--maybe that's true. it's just that when i lived in dallas, i never ran into people i knew randomly. :P maybe it was b/c my demographic was just hs ppl. perhaps this will be different when we move again.

pb&k--i believe you were also wearing your thai sandals. but i think you were wearing those all the time in the summer. :)

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home