Always Only For My King

Take my voice and let me sing always, only for my King. Take my lips and let them be filled with messages from Thee. Take my silver and my gold not a mite would I withhold. Take my intellect and use every power as You choose. Here am I, all of me. Take my life, it's all for Thee.

Monday, March 17, 2008

kiss the cook

i love cooking for my family and friends; it's one of the main ways i express love to others. i also love the practical side of cooking, rather than going out, because it's more economical and generally healthier. :) with that being said, i usually get burned out by the weekend from cooking all week*. i'm not sure exactly what it is, but i think it partly has to do with the fact that i feel i "have to" make dinners that consist of at least a meat, veggie, and starch. on top of that, i feel that if it's a simple throw together dinner, it's not a real dinner. :P i think i get this mentality from my mom. my dad has always been a picky eater that requires a lot of variety for dinner. so growing up, it wasn't unusual for us to have 4-5 dishes for dinner plus rice. it was an amazing feat for my mom, especially since she worked full time and managed to have dinner on the table in 30 minutes. :P nat has told me countless times that i don't have to make as much variety of dishes like my mom or complicated meals; it can be quick and easy without having to have a meat, veggie, and starch. still, it was really hard for me just to serve a baked potato and veggies last week for dinner. :P i'm sure as sean becomes more of a handfull, i'll let go of having to make a "real" dinner each night. :)

* my sweet nat has picked up on this and has started volunteering to cook or take the family out for dinner on the weekend. :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well written article.

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home