Always Only For My King

Take my voice and let me sing always, only for my King. Take my lips and let them be filled with messages from Thee. Take my silver and my gold not a mite would I withhold. Take my intellect and use every power as You choose. Here am I, all of me. Take my life, it's all for Thee.

Friday, June 13, 2008

twisting words

i can be very good at twisting nat's words sometimes. i think he feels torn on whether i'm being witty or just intolerable. i think most of the time, he's leaning towards the intolerable side. here is a snippet of a conversation we had last night. :)

nat's almost asleep and we're both in bed.
nat: i love you this much.
nat does a gesture in which i don't see because my back is toward him.
me: you love me how much? from your head to the wall? that's a foot, that isn't very much.
nat: from my head to the ceiling is about 6-7 feet.
me: so you only love me 6-7 feet? i bet you love soccer 8 feet.
nat: i love soccer 10 mm.
me: so you do only love me 6-7 feet. well i love as much as the universe is big. and since it's always growing, that's a lot.
nat: that's sweet. i'm going to let your love wrap me up as i go to sleep.
me: and i'll wrap your love around me as i sleep. pause. all 6-7 feet of it.
nat laughs and then groans.
nat: you know you're very good with words. twisting the things i said into things i don't say.

really, i don't know why nat gets so exasperated. :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home