Always Only For My King

Take my voice and let me sing always, only for my King. Take my lips and let them be filled with messages from Thee. Take my silver and my gold not a mite would I withhold. Take my intellect and use every power as You choose. Here am I, all of me. Take my life, it's all for Thee.

Monday, May 11, 2009

i tried to kill myself and nat today... :P

ok, not really, but i did end up doing somethings that could have or did cause serious harm. :P

a friend wanted to borrow our fertilizer/seed spreader, so i needed to move the car. i figured, i'd just put the car in neutral and push it out. i underestimated how much i needed to push it and how fast it would be going at the end. needless to say, i managed to run (as best as i can in my current condition) and press down on the brakes before the car ended up in the middle of the street. the neighbor across the street was out working on her garden so i hope i didn't look like an idiot. :P

tonight at dinner, nat asked me to hand him the steak knife. well, i handed it to him knife pointing at him and managed to jab him in the finger. well, basically stabbed. nat jumped up and was in a lot of pain. he said something to the effect, "you never hand over a knife blade first! this is basic stuff you learn at boy scouts". nat forgave me, and i have learned my lesson. blade facing towards me when handing a knife off.

3 Comments:

Blogger Matthew said...

Maybe you should have reminded him that you weren't eligible for the Boy Scouts.

12:10 AM  
Anonymous DC said...

You're also supposed to acknowledge that you have a good grip on it before the other person lets go so it doesn't fall and stab you in the foot.

9:48 AM  
Blogger Ramona said...

matthew - good point. i think his point was that it should be common sense and i should have picked it up somewhere (like no running with scissors).

dc - also a good point. i'll try to remember that when i hand off a knife again.

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home