Always Only For My King

Take my voice and let me sing always, only for my King. Take my lips and let them be filled with messages from Thee. Take my silver and my gold not a mite would I withhold. Take my intellect and use every power as You choose. Here am I, all of me. Take my life, it's all for Thee.

Thursday, December 08, 2005

extreme generousity

i don't usually associate generousity with people in the service industry. i've seen nice, great customer service, and helpful (i suppose they are being pretty generous with their time and effort when they treat others like this), but not generous in the sense of giving things for free.

but today, nat and i experienced the extreme generousity of our plumber john. our pipes had freezed (but not busted, praise the Lord!), and we thought we unfroze them last night (with a dryer and space heater being used on the pipes). despite fixing that, we were having really low water pressure coming out of our kitchen faucet--it was just trickling.

well john, our most favorite plumber ever, came over today and took a look at it. it turned out the faucet was clogged, so he took it apart and cleaned it. the charge? NOTHING. he did it for free! he spent time driving to our house, taking his time to look at things, providing a service, and he asked for no money. i was shocked and blessed by his generosity. i guess i still can't wrap it around my head how he could do that, especially since that's his job and how he gets paid.

and as another side story about john. he did our plumbing when the kitchen was being remodeled. he had trouble getting our faucet to run, and he admitted that he was supposed to check a pipe or something first. so, he came in the next day and worked free of charge. so he's honest too! :)

well, here's john's information if you need a plumber (i can't guarantee he'll do things for free, but he's definitely patient with any questions you have, filled with integrity, personable, and an all-around nice guy): VIP plumbing, 217-202-2421, VIPPlumbing@insightbb.com.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! What a great guy! I wish John could come to our house here in San Jose.
We are missing you both this season! We haven't talked w/ you in sooooooooooooo long. We love you and Ethan has been talking about you since we decorated our Christmas tree and put up the ornament you gave us last year.
Merry Christmas! Enjoy the season.

3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home