Always Only For My King

Take my voice and let me sing always, only for my King. Take my lips and let them be filled with messages from Thee. Take my silver and my gold not a mite would I withhold. Take my intellect and use every power as You choose. Here am I, all of me. Take my life, it's all for Thee.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

"It just so happens that your friend here is only MOSTLY dead."

ah, i love princess bride. so this "friend" actually turns out to be the teaching degree that i was looking into. i had basically given up on the idea b/c the deadline was six days ago and i needed to have the Illinois Basic Skills Assessment Test before the deadline (which i hadn't).

so what did miracle max do for me? well, miracle max was really tony from my rapid prototyping and evaluation class. he informed me about this program called RECRUIT--Recruiting, Educating, Certifying, and Retaining Underrepresented Populations In Teaching Science and Mathematics. i'm excited about applying, but i think that the slots might be limited. another thing that's exciting is that my CS degrees can be used to help me get into the program, so i feel like it's less of a "i'm throwing away my education" type feeling.

and my mostly dead friend, motivation-for-my-thesis, is coming back alive. i'm going to just push forth and stop being a scaredy cat. if i fall, i fall. i'll just have to pick myself up and keep trucking.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You and your abstract-concepts-as-friends. I swear.

-DC

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home