Always Only For My King

Take my voice and let me sing always, only for my King. Take my lips and let them be filled with messages from Thee. Take my silver and my gold not a mite would I withhold. Take my intellect and use every power as You choose. Here am I, all of me. Take my life, it's all for Thee.

Monday, January 29, 2007

downside to being an extrovert

i think one of the biggest flaws i have as an extrovert is processing my thoughts out loud, which basically means i speak before thinking (or as some friends put it, i don't have a "stupid filter"). i've tried to think before i speak, but sometimes i'll refrain from saying one thing, only to let something else out. :P the funny thing is that i don't usually know what i say is inappropriate until i get a reaction from the people i'm talking to, and usually i don't mean the words to be inappropriate b/c i'm thinking of them in a different way than what's being interpreted. i need to acquire a good "stupid filter" (maybe i can find one on ebay).

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Personally, I like you as you are. It might take a little getting used to, but I never worry about you being fake or anything like that. On the other hand, I can generally find the amusing side to the situations you describe.

-DC

3:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But your kindness and gentleness always shine through -- and you always apologize for those things that could be taken wrong so I think others are rarely offended. It's not like you need a 'snide/sarcastic/snotty filter' :-D

11:08 AM  
Blogger Ramona said...

thanks DC and fruittart for your comments. i just worry sometimes with new people that they might get the wrong impression. :P

12:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They'll get just the impression they should get, that you are a funny, kind-hearted, gracious, what you see is what you get person to be around, and there are precious few of those anymore.

The Holy Spirit will help you control you mouth, and I oughtta know, 'cause He's been helping me get graciouser and graciouser. I used to be much worse! So I know he can help you use your thinking out loud "for the power of good, not eeevilll"

*majestic super-hero music*

But really, most people feel comfortable around "authentic" people, they are easier to trust. Especially when they are authentic in their weaknesses. It is much easier to approach a person for help in an area, when said person has been open and vulnerable and...


...authentic.

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home