Always Only For My King

Take my voice and let me sing always, only for my King. Take my lips and let them be filled with messages from Thee. Take my silver and my gold not a mite would I withhold. Take my intellect and use every power as You choose. Here am I, all of me. Take my life, it's all for Thee.

Friday, October 27, 2006

what i learned on iron chef america: spanking a pomegranate

by watching iron chef america, i learned a great way to get out the pomegranate seeds:

1) cut the pomegranate in half.
2) hold the pomegranate, cut-side down, over a bowl. take a heavy spoon (i prefer wooden), hit the uncut side of the pomegranate.

the seeds just fall out. it can get kinda messy b/c some of the juices will start splattering, so just be mindful (especially since it tends to stain). i think that this makes it a little bit easier to eat the pomegranate.

as a side note, i really like iron chef america and watching the chefs cook. it's probably the closest i'll get to a fancy 5 course meal with some sort of deconstructed salad. ;)

2 Comments:

Blogger Ofelia said...

You know what the best part about the Food Network is? If you are a student in the Food Science and Human Nutrition you can almost justify watching it as homework. I love my department!

12:42 PM  
Blogger Ramona said...

man, you're so lucky. my department isn't quite so exciting with it's homework. i did hear alton brown talk about how cool food science is on tv. :)

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home