Always Only For My King

Take my voice and let me sing always, only for my King. Take my lips and let them be filled with messages from Thee. Take my silver and my gold not a mite would I withhold. Take my intellect and use every power as You choose. Here am I, all of me. Take my life, it's all for Thee.

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

snow snow go away, come again another day

this morning we woke up to about 5 inches of snow in our driveway. it wouldn't have been so bad if we didn't have a doctor's appointment at 9am. our normal drive of 15 min to the clinic took about 25-30 min this morning. it was weird driving, because most of champaign and urbana looks closed.

now, we are at the doctor's office waiting for our doctor to show up. the nurse said the staff is slowly making it's way in because of the snow.

the university actually canceled classes today, for the first time since 1979. nat was really shocked b/c he thought they'd never cancel classes just because of snow. i guess this is a pretty bad snow storm for classes to be canceled. well, at least we can just go home and enjoy our day (after shoveling the driveway!). :) hope all of you that are affected by the snow are keeping nice at toasty!

5 Comments:

Blogger Kris C. said...

I saw on the news channel's website that this is the first time UI has cancelled the entire day of classes since 1979. Can you believe it???

3:59 PM  
Blogger Ramona said...

nat couldn't believe it. he was quite shocked in the waiting room of the dr.'s office.

me, on the other hand, i can believe it. :) in texas, we probably would cancel classes for a week! :)

4:15 PM  
Blogger isaiah543 said...

I remember the blizzard(s!) of January 1979. It was my family's first year in Chicago. (I was born in FL, moved to GA when I was 4, and moved to Chicago burbs when I was 10).

What a winter! I remember shoveling snow to form huge 12 foot snow banks on either side of the driveway, through which the kids dug tunnels. Today brought back all kinds of memories. I hope they get the roads plowed soon, but it looks like these big drifts might last a while, so maybe my kids will have similar adventures this year.

Once every 30 years. Soak it up!

8:27 PM  
Blogger Ramona said...

uiuc canceled classes yet again today. :)

we didn't think it snowed that badly until we opened our garage and saw about 1-2ft snow in our driveway!

i think all kids should go sledding today!

11:17 AM  
Blogger Ofelia said...

Unfortunately graduate students have to come in even if classes are cancelled! Grrr! I want to go sledding!

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home