Always Only For My King

Take my voice and let me sing always, only for my King. Take my lips and let them be filled with messages from Thee. Take my silver and my gold not a mite would I withhold. Take my intellect and use every power as You choose. Here am I, all of me. Take my life, it's all for Thee.

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

yogurt making!

i made yogurt today for the first time. :) it was time consuming, but it looks like it turned out ok (i still need to refrigerate it, so i haven't tasted it).

basically, i needed to scald milk, cool it down, add in existing yogurt with live cultures, incubate it at a certain temperature for 4 or so hours. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger 20-30-40 said...

We make yogurt on and off (not as often as Charlie would like) and we love it! I use Fage Greek Yogurt as a base and the result is much better than anything we can buy. You're going to enjoy tasting your yogurt when it's ready!

1:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great fermentation experiment! Your yogurt making process takes advantage of the pH tolerance of lactic acid bacteria. They produce lactic acid, thereby reducing the pH. The low pH keeps the other bugs - microrganisms, from growing, and you get a tasty treat.

My most recent fermentation experiment has been beer brewing, and in fact, is one of the experiments I'm running for an intensive microbiology class I'm in.

11:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home