Always Only For My King

Take my voice and let me sing always, only for my King. Take my lips and let them be filled with messages from Thee. Take my silver and my gold not a mite would I withhold. Take my intellect and use every power as You choose. Here am I, all of me. Take my life, it's all for Thee.

Monday, December 12, 2005

happy four months!

today is our four month-iversary. i had completely forgotten it, until nat ran in and gave me a hug this morning. :)

there have been ups and downs in our marriage, but it's been great overall. :)

i think the biggest challenge (and will continue to be a challenge) is learning to communicate. i've had to learn to be open and honest with nat. i've had to learn to work through times when i've been hurt or upset. i've had to learn to apologize, even when it's been hard. i've had to learn that nat likes to talk things out with me. i've had to learn how nat communicates with me. i've learned how to voice my expectations and that nat can't read my mind all the time. and i've learned how to ask about how nat's doing and what's he going through.

it would be pretty scary to me to end up just having days where nat and i just go through the routine of daily life without really talking with one another.

anyways, there has been lots of joys too! i think it's true that you fall more in love with your spouse the longer you've been married. when i was going to bed a few nights ago, i just prayed over nat and spent some time praising God for who he is. it brought tears to my eyes as i was saying all these things that i love about nat. i couldn't believe that i was married to such a wonderful man. it's been such a joy to just laugh together, eat together, spend time together, spend time with others together, go to church together, and all these things. i'm so blessed by my husband.

i love you so much nat!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home