Always Only For My King

Take my voice and let me sing always, only for my King. Take my lips and let them be filled with messages from Thee. Take my silver and my gold not a mite would I withhold. Take my intellect and use every power as You choose. Here am I, all of me. Take my life, it's all for Thee.

Thursday, April 13, 2006

road to world cup 2006. ole ole ole ole!

many teams prepare for the world cup as soon as the last one is done. they start picking potential players for the national teams and practicing. before the qualifying games, teams may play friendly games with other teams, and it gives coaches the opportunity to see their players and begin to think about their roster. games for qualifying to be in the world cup begin a year in advance, and coaches need to balance winning, dynamics of the team, and picking players to play. even when you qualify, coaches need to figure out the final roster of the team. a long, intensive road.

well, nat's road to the world cup has been up and down, but it's looking on the up and up now. in 2004, while we had only been dating for 4-5 months, he asked if i would like to accompany him to the world cup in 2006. i think that his love for soccer clouded some of his thinking, especially in regards to whether or not we'd still be together. but all worked out well, and we're married. he entered into the lottery for world cup tickets: 2 tickets for any US games. we were denied twice. all hope seemed lost, until now. nat is probably going to have an internship this summer at deutsche telekom in berlin. the offer and details are currently being ironed out. but it looks like he might have a good opportunity to see a game in germany. :) i wonder if i'll be able to see him on the tv in the crowd if he goes. (by the way, i'll still be here in town). :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home