Always Only For My King

Take my voice and let me sing always, only for my King. Take my lips and let them be filled with messages from Thee. Take my silver and my gold not a mite would I withhold. Take my intellect and use every power as You choose. Here am I, all of me. Take my life, it's all for Thee.

Friday, March 24, 2006

march madness - heart attacks

so, i've officially become a march madness maniac. after doing our Bible study together, nat and i turned on the tv to be stunned by the fact that duke got ousted by lsu! thanks to dvr, we were able to relive the final minute, where lsu just took it all away. it was pretty amazing to see all the offensive rebounds!

then, i continually told nat, we (the longhorns), were going to lose against west virginia. i refused to watch the game, and watched iron chef america. well, i was able to watch the last minute of the game, and i thought it was all over when pittsnogle drowned the 3 at the end of the game with 5 seconds left. i almost had a heart attack when i saw paulino sink in the 3 at the buzzer. texas won, and was it exciting!

then, we watched the rest of the gonzaga vs ucla game. as a rule, we generally cheer for the underdog in ranking (except for texas). but gonzaga, being ranked 3, was just killing ucla, ranked 2, throughout the whole game. i didn't think they could come back, but they did, to beat gonzaga. i was so excited watching the game, to see gonzaga lose b/c they were (1) in such a huge lead throughout most of the game and (2) the refs calls seemed to be one-sided towards gonzaga. i cheered for ucla in the last seconds, but then, i saw morrison weeping as ucla took the lead. i've never seen a player cry on the court before, and i felt bad, as i saw him crying. so i was a little divided about ucla's victory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home