Always Only For My King

Take my voice and let me sing always, only for my King. Take my lips and let them be filled with messages from Thee. Take my silver and my gold not a mite would I withhold. Take my intellect and use every power as You choose. Here am I, all of me. Take my life, it's all for Thee.

Thursday, September 07, 2006

running in school mode

the past two weeks have been a blur. being a ta, trying to finish up my thesis, visiting my parents, preparing for small group, and planning to have people are just some of the things that have occupied our time. of course, there is still the normal things of cooking, cleaning (which nat does a great job at!), and other household chores. i think we're walking dangerously close to the line of overcommittment.

despite all the craziness, nat and i were able to take out some time yesterday to fast and pray about leading our small group (and for nat, preparing for a family as well). this is the first time we fasted together. in the morning, we went on a prayer walk and prayed for our old small group members and our new small group members. during lunch, i was really tempted to give up, but we sat down and prayed together. it's amazing how praying strengthens you, despite your hunger. i prayed much longer than i thought i could. for dinner, we read the Bible and prayed separately, but then spent some time talking about what we read and prayed for. then we closed in prayer, and i gave into my hunger and had a snack. ;P overall, it was a great time together with God and with each other. it's amazing how praying together makes you more intimate and close!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home