Always Only For My King

Take my voice and let me sing always, only for my King. Take my lips and let them be filled with messages from Thee. Take my silver and my gold not a mite would I withhold. Take my intellect and use every power as You choose. Here am I, all of me. Take my life, it's all for Thee.

Thursday, August 10, 2006

choosing to live outside my comfort zone

a theme that i've been seeing in recent days is the idea of choice/free will. i've been struck by how God did not force Himself upon us; He gave us the choice of choosing Him and worshipping Him. it's so counter-intuitive to me, but it's been amazing to reflect on that point these past couple of days.

this leads to my second thought this week: choosing something outside of my comfort zone. being in berlin this week, i realized that moving to germany might be a choice that we may seriously have to consider in the future. it's not one that we would make for ourselves; we'd much rather be living in the US in an environment and culture that is familiar and comfortable for us. moving to germany, or any other country would be hard--having to learn a new language and new culture, being far away from friends, etc. despite these hardships, i am encouarged by the ways God has blessed my own life as i've stepped outside my own comfort zones. just looking at this summer and how nat and i chose for him to go to germany for his internship, i am reminded of God's goodness. it was extremely tough, but i can already see the growth in our relationship with each other and with God and that has been a huge encouragement.

to end, i'd like to end with a funny story from germany. i went to get some bottled water in the storage room, and i thought the room was locked. as i started turning the key, i heard, "hallo? hallo?" i tried to open the door, but then i realized that i had accidentally locked the door and the people in it. i tried to unlock the door, and the the people inside began speaking german and knocking on the door. i panicked b/c i didn't understand or speak german, so i had to run back into the office and get nat. i was too embarrassed to go back, so nat unlocked the door and apologized for me. when nat got back, he chuckled and said, "they probably spoke english you know!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home