Always Only For My King

Take my voice and let me sing always, only for my King. Take my lips and let them be filled with messages from Thee. Take my silver and my gold not a mite would I withhold. Take my intellect and use every power as You choose. Here am I, all of me. Take my life, it's all for Thee.

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

yarn 1, ramona 0

AHHHHH! i hate, and i mean HATE it when a ball of yarn tangles. GRRRR. i think i've been 50% successful at finding the yarn in the middle of the manufactured ball, and of that 50%, i've been 50% successful at crocheting it without any tangles.

yesterday, i bought a new ball of yarn to finish my crochet. i thought, "hey, i'll get a lot done while we watch the movie". the movie started. i fished for the start of the yarn in the middle. no where to be found. i dug deeper and pulled out the middle. still, i couldn't find the beginning of the yarn. eventually, i had a tangled mess with all the middle of the yarn ball in my lap. GRRRR. i started to make a ball using the outside piece of yarn. then, i hit tangle and knot after tangle and knot. GRRRRR.

i was SO frustrated that i was tempted to throw the whole thing out and buy another ball. but, i regained my cool (it also helped that nat raised his eyebrows at me as if to say, "you're going to waste all that yarn b/c you couldn't untangle it?"). i vowed that i would finish untangling the mess tonight. 2 hours later, i have a stiff body from trying to wind the yarn, and i still have half of a mess left. GRRRRR!

if you have any hints to help me avoid this situation, i would greatly appreciate it. if you have any hints of how to avoid tangles after i found the middle start piece in a ball, that would be fantastic as well. otherwise, it might be years between my crochet projects. YEARS! :P

3 Comments:

Blogger Matthew said...

How much does a ball of yarn cost? Like $3? Surely your time is worth more than $1.50/hour. Also you could use scissors and save the smaller pieces for other craft projects. I'm sure Sean would love gluing yarn to paper in about 6 months.

10:49 AM  
Blogger Ramona said...

yes, i do think my time is worth more than $1.50/hour (at least i hope so, but i haven't gotten paid in over a year).

2 reasons why i won't get another yarn is 1) we're tight on money right now and 2) with this brand of yarn, i've had troubles in the past with tangle, even if i find the magic middle piece. :P

2:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Whenever my mom buys a skein of yarn, she makes her own round ball of yarn out of it first to make sure that there are no tangles in it. Only then does she start crocheting with it, nearly guaranteeing that there won't be any tangles when she's in the middle of a row.

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home