Always Only For My King

Take my voice and let me sing always, only for my King. Take my lips and let them be filled with messages from Thee. Take my silver and my gold not a mite would I withhold. Take my intellect and use every power as You choose. Here am I, all of me. Take my life, it's all for Thee.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

new computer

well, after years of nat's not-so-subtle hints, i'm thinking about getting a new computer. i'm running out of hard drive space (i mis-partitioned it, thinking the OS and programs would only need about 7GB), and in recent weeks i've battle freeing up space. also, my poor computer sounds like it's working pretty hard at times, which nat feels is unacceptable.

the other reason i'm thinking about possibly getting a new computer is because i think i'd like the mobility of a laptop. our study, where my computer currently is, is an off-limits space for sean b/c of all the cords lying around. it would be much nicer if i could just quickly send an e-mail with a laptop instead of either 1) battling sean while he's in the room or 2) having him cry b/c i'm out of sight.

before i get a new computer (i know i could reinstall my current one, maybe i'll do that first), there are 2 programs i'd really like to get--microsoft office and adobe photoshop. fortunately, nat is still at uiuc, so he can get a discount for these programs. :) yay!

do you have any suggestions for a laptop? i don't need the fastest or fanciest one out there--though i would prefer one that was light and had a lot of hard drive (i think most are sufficient for what i need). i do want a windows computer*.

* i know i know, i'm a CS major, how could i want a windows. well, it's what i prefer to use, and i'm not ashamed to say it. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Matthew said...

I bought a Dell laptop and I'm happy with it. You should keep your eye open for good deals. I found a coupon on slickdeals.net that got me $250 off.

9:06 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I bought my laptop off of a dealer in Danville. she brought it to champaign and I'm pretty sure I got a really good deal on it. My mom bought one through this lady also. And.. having a laptop is really easy with having a baby around. I love the mobility! (Yay, for adobe photoshop!!! I love that program!!!!!)

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home