Always Only For My King

Take my voice and let me sing always, only for my King. Take my lips and let them be filled with messages from Thee. Take my silver and my gold not a mite would I withhold. Take my intellect and use every power as You choose. Here am I, all of me. Take my life, it's all for Thee.

Monday, August 04, 2008

where to go?

a lot of people have been asking nat, "when are you going to graduate?" which is then followed by "what do you want to do? where do you want to work?" answers to all the questions are pretty much "we don't know" and we'll see what we get when nat applies for jobs. :)

thinking about where we're going to live next has made me think about our next house. i've come to the realization that i don't want a house much bigger than our current house. i'd like maybe one or two more bedrooms, a bathroom, and an eating area, but not too big in square footage. why? so i don't have to clean as much. i realized that with a smaller house, cleaning the house is very do-able. in fact, if i wanted to do dusting, mopping, sweeping, cleaning the bathroom and kitchen, i could probably do it in 2 hours or less. if i had a house the size of what i grew up in, i think it'd take me a few days to clean. with that sized house, i can understand why stay at home moms have to make the choice between a clean house or taking care of the kids. i like doing both, and nat and i like it clean. with a smaller house, i think it'd be more manageable to keep it clean and take care of the kids. at least that's my hope.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kris C. said...

Whenever we see giant houses, my comment is always that I couldn't buy that size house unless I had enough left over to pay someone else to clean it. :)

8:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The good news is that you will probably not be able to afford a house that's so large as your current house anywhere else that you move (unless you are Budget Warriors!). You might be surprised to find that you're currently spoiled with so much space.

9:21 AM  
Blogger Ramona said...

kris c. i think my mom is going to hire someone to clean her current house. she has the benefit of not having any more kids, so she doesn't need to do a "deep" clean too often.

dc, that is a good point you made. if we end up anywhere on the west or east coast, our house will be considered huge given the price.

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home