Always Only For My King

Take my voice and let me sing always, only for my King. Take my lips and let them be filled with messages from Thee. Take my silver and my gold not a mite would I withhold. Take my intellect and use every power as You choose. Here am I, all of me. Take my life, it's all for Thee.

Monday, January 23, 2006

taking things day by day

as i've gotten the ball rolling towards applying to the certification program here at uiuc, my brain has started thinking more and more about the future.

there are the short term things--actually running my user study, writing papers, completing classes, finishing up my thesis, applying to RECRUIT, etc.

but my mind has been focusing on more long-term things, specifically juggling a career and a family (there are a lot of babies being born at my church, and some friends that are now pregnant!): when are we going to have kids? will that affect me being in the teaching program (if i get in, and if we decide to have kids in the next year or two)? if i have kids, and i stay at home, when will i really be able to teach? should i wait to have kids until after i've taught a little bit? what if we can't have kids?

ah, all those questions. i do want a family, and i would like to have one in the next couple of years. so, i'm thinking how this will effect things--life, career, relationship with nat, etc. it's kinda crazy.

at the same time, my brain has slowed down about these things as nat and i have found out some of our friends are having marriage problems. it is quite unreal to learn about these things, and to know that these problems are real and could happen to friends, family, and even us. so, it's help me to focus more about each day, and spending it on building relationships with friends, family, and nat, and all the important things in life. what the future will bring, who knows (well, except God)? it'll just be an adventure!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home