Always Only For My King

Take my voice and let me sing always, only for my King. Take my lips and let them be filled with messages from Thee. Take my silver and my gold not a mite would I withhold. Take my intellect and use every power as You choose. Here am I, all of me. Take my life, it's all for Thee.

Monday, February 27, 2006

celery: my cooking nemesis

i wish i didn't have to buy a whole stalk of celery, but at the grocery store i shop at that's all they have. usually, the celery gets used for one recipe and then gets thrown away after a few weeks because it gets limp.

but alas, this weekend i have found a way to waste it less.
1) being deliberate in using celery in the few recipes i have. roasting chickens, stock, beef stew, chicken noodle soup, chicken stew, other soups, peanut butter and celery, etc.
2) use it to make homemade stock.

speaking of stock, i've also thought of ways to get the most for my money! yesterday, i placed a bed of carrots, onions, garlic, and parsley on the roasting pan. put the seasoned chicken on top and roasted it. then, i took the meat off, saving it for sandwiches for lunch this week. i threw the roasted veggies and the "meatless" chicken into a stock pot, and made homemade stock (i think about 16 cups). i think i'll probably do this more often on the weekend to save money and use up celery!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe. I like the title. :-)

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home