Always Only For My King

Take my voice and let me sing always, only for my King. Take my lips and let them be filled with messages from Thee. Take my silver and my gold not a mite would I withhold. Take my intellect and use every power as You choose. Here am I, all of me. Take my life, it's all for Thee.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

privilege of hosting

this week i have the privilege of having one of my closest friends over for the week. i'm hoping that this will be a a week of relaxation, recuperation, and healing. she has been dealing with some tough stuff that has caused her body to experience insomnia. despite her struggles, it's been amazing to see how God has been really working and speaking to her.

we had a great conversation last night about a variety of spiritual things--spiritual discipline of meditation, spiritual gifts, struggles of being wealthy, God speaking to us in different ways, how and what God has been teaching us in our lives, etc. it was so refreshing for me to just sit down and naturally talk about God and Christ, especially since i've been in a spiritual funk lately.

it's hard for me to see her struggling with things when i can see how spiritually vibrant she is. i can't help but think that satan is attacking her physically because she is growing so much spiritually. " For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms." (ephesians 6:12)

1 Comments:

Blogger PB&K said...

spiritual warfare seems to be on the up and up around CU. let us endeavor to pray all the more fervently, appealing to the victorious Son. furthermore, i hope that friday evening is both fun and spiritually refreshing for the two of you.

praying...

5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home