Always Only For My King

Take my voice and let me sing always, only for my King. Take my lips and let them be filled with messages from Thee. Take my silver and my gold not a mite would I withhold. Take my intellect and use every power as You choose. Here am I, all of me. Take my life, it's all for Thee.

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

my husband as my best friend?

i came to the realization yesterday that my husband really is my best friend. before, i never really thought of nat as my best friend, even early on in our marriage. i thought of him more as my lover rather than a good and close friend. after i basically unloaded what i was going through yesterday, i saw how nat is not just my lover, but my best friend. he listened attentively, encouraged me, consoled me, and offered some words of wisdom, much like my other best friends had.

i think that the intimacy that we have shared over the past 11+ months has really shaped more of our friendship rather than our romance (i think the romance was shaped more through dating and engagement). this is not to say that we didn't have a deep friendship before we got married, but i don't think i would consider nat as a "best" friend at that point. but now, i can see how nat really understands my heart, what i'm thinking, my intentions, my struggles, etc. as someone who cares deeply about me as a friend, and not someone who "ought" to b/c he's my husband. it is such a great and wonderful revelation to realize that nat is one of my closest and bestest friends. just another way where marriage has deepened our love for one another and paints a picture of our relationship with Christ.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home