Always Only For My King

Take my voice and let me sing always, only for my King. Take my lips and let them be filled with messages from Thee. Take my silver and my gold not a mite would I withhold. Take my intellect and use every power as You choose. Here am I, all of me. Take my life, it's all for Thee.

Thursday, July 06, 2006

"for where your treasure is, there will be your heart also." matthew 6:21

my treasure has not been on the kingdom of God lately. i found evidence of this when i was looking at old postings of mine, where there was more adoration, praise, and in general, passionate focus on God. it seems that when i reached this point, i'm always surprised how i got here. where does my treasure lie? i want it to be heaven bound. i want it to be Christ focused, God focused. the treasure of my heart right now are world focused. they are my distractions. but, no need to despair! God has been so patient and good to me. this week in women's Bible study, we are studying the priority worship. the chapter and it's questions are everything that i need it to be--helping me focus away from myself and squarely on God. it's so amazing that God reveals Himself, His promises, and His Word in a new and refreshing ways, even when i already know these things!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey sweetie, glad to hear that the bible study was so good. What have your distractions been specifically? (If I may ask :))
-Nat

6:36 AM  
Blogger Ramona said...

well, some distractions were my prideful heart and attitude towards some friends, worrying about a job, and some other stuff that i can't remember off the top of my head.

9:51 AM  
Blogger JadeEJF said...

Hey- when is the women's bible study again? I get the feeling that it's opposite dinner group, but I can't remember... remind me!

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home