Always Only For My King

Take my voice and let me sing always, only for my King. Take my lips and let them be filled with messages from Thee. Take my silver and my gold not a mite would I withhold. Take my intellect and use every power as You choose. Here am I, all of me. Take my life, it's all for Thee.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

english is not my first language

i am currently torturing my husband. i'm making him proofread my thesis before i meet with my academic advisor and advisor tomorrow. of the 77 pages of my thesis, nat has gone through 13 in the past hour. with all the mouse clicks and typing, i think i have a grammar mistake in almost every sentence. my poor husband. :P this is where i like to use the excuse that "english is not my first language", but it isn't even a good excuse since i was born and raised in the US.

it's a little disheartening to know that at the age of 27 that your writing skills stink and that you're making the same error over and over again. it's like i'm an old dog that can't learn new tricks (or in my case, proper grammar). i bet this post even has some grammar mistakes. :P
hehehe. please feel free to correct them. in fact, i leave it as an exercise to you, the reader.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, I'll start:

Usually we capitalize the first letter in the first word of a sentence.

-DC

12:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So I'm not trying to say that I'm an expert or anything, but I don't think that ":P" is standard grammatically correct English. But I'll consult my usage dictionary just in case.

Oh, and proper grammar isn't a "new trick." The English language, in approximately the same form as it exists now, has been around longer than you. (And technically, this correction is a problem with the metaphor/proverb, not the grammar.) And 27 is not "old." 27 is exactly the proper age to be!

-Indecisive

1:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home