Always Only For My King

Take my voice and let me sing always, only for my King. Take my lips and let them be filled with messages from Thee. Take my silver and my gold not a mite would I withhold. Take my intellect and use every power as You choose. Here am I, all of me. Take my life, it's all for Thee.

Monday, September 18, 2006

personalizing my faith through personalizing my sin

in my mind, i knew that we couldn't just attribute our sin just to adam and eve sinning in the garden, as if it was soley their fault. as i read scripture today, i found affirmation in what i knew, and much more eloquently put: "adam's sin brought death, so death spread to everyone, for everyone sinned. yes, people sinned even before the law was given [by moses]. and though there was no law to break, since it had not yet been given, they all died anyway--even though they did not disobey an explicit commandment of God, as adam did" (romans 5:13-14a). so to summarize, using a paraphrase of what my pastor said sunday, even if we had found a way to cover adam's sin that he has passed down from generation to generation (which we haven't), we would have to find a way to cover our own sin (which we can't).

from this verse, i was able to personalize my own sin. it wasn't just that adam brought death, but it is also because i sinned, sin, and will continue to sin which brings about my own death. as i have personalized my own sin and recognize how much i've played a role in my own death, it helps me really appreciate the gift of life that Christ has extended to me, as an individual. "but because one other person [Jesus Christ] obeyed God, many people will be made right in God's sight...giving us right standing with God and resulting in eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (romans 5:19b, 21b). hallejuah and amen to that! :)

1 Comments:

Blogger gorfchild said...

Amen! Thanks for sharing this!

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home