Always Only For My King

Take my voice and let me sing always, only for my King. Take my lips and let them be filled with messages from Thee. Take my silver and my gold not a mite would I withhold. Take my intellect and use every power as You choose. Here am I, all of me. Take my life, it's all for Thee.

Friday, September 08, 2006

settlers of catan

my brother's friend was poking fun at us last time i saw him for liking settlers of catan. he said it was geeky hearing bits of pieces of the game--"i'll trade you X for a Y", "i have longest road", "i'll build a city".... i guess if you hear that and watch how intently people play the game it is kinda nerdy. the basic idea is that you have your own little settlements and you're trying to build as much stuff as you can by getting some resources. it's interesting to see how people get very serious when the game is played. i digress.

so back to my brother's friend. this past weekend, we introduced him and his girlfriend to the game. they loved it and took every opportunity for us to play it. they were even up one night from 1:30-7:30AM playing the game. i asked him if he still thought it was nerdy. "it's nerdy, but it's a fun game."

this morning, i found out nat's accountability group plays settlers, and they are trying to organize a game night with all the husbands and wives. :)

3 Comments:

Blogger JadeEJF said...

Settlers is *awesome*!

10:41 AM  
Blogger Ramona said...

hmm, maybe we should have you and carl over then! :)

3:27 PM  
Blogger Joe Garcia said...

Ramona,
you know how much I love my kids. I loooove them! Do yourself a favor and play as much Catan as you can. NOW!!! Children can derail one's Catan playing rythm in a heart beat. Other than that, they're great.

6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home