Always Only For My King

Take my voice and let me sing always, only for my King. Take my lips and let them be filled with messages from Thee. Take my silver and my gold not a mite would I withhold. Take my intellect and use every power as You choose. Here am I, all of me. Take my life, it's all for Thee.

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

are you kidding me?

so after my frustrating night, i had a frustrating morning. i was supposed to go to the library while sean was sleeping b/c nat was at home working on a paper submission. did i get to do that? no.

why, you ask? well, i wanted to hold our mail, so i wanted to do it online. my computer had restarted b/c of an update that installed last night. opened firefox. couldn't connect. if i shut off zonealarm, i could use the internet for a minute, but i couldn't use any other part of my computer (i.e. windows would say, "windows cannot access...."). so i had to restart. if i wanted to use the other parts of my computer, i couldn't use the internet. after much sifting, we found that it was b/c of the windows update i installed last night (KB951748) and zonealarm. i took an hour of my precious' husbands time to figure this out. even then, it took some time to find the windows update log file (it's under the WINNT folder or WINDOWS) b/c it's not on the GUI for the windows update. then we had to find it in "add/remove software" after we checked the "Show updates" box at the top. cryptic.

now, everything is back to normal. i have found, though, if i turnoff zonealarm, my computer is rendered useless. i can't access anything on my computer. RIDICULOUS! how did zonealarm do this? and why? WHY? WHY? i will not be installing zonealarm if i ever rebuild my computer (or get a new one).

thanks nat for taking out your precious time to help me with my computer. i love you. and yes, i know you think i need a new one now, but i don't. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home