Always Only For My King

Take my voice and let me sing always, only for my King. Take my lips and let them be filled with messages from Thee. Take my silver and my gold not a mite would I withhold. Take my intellect and use every power as You choose. Here am I, all of me. Take my life, it's all for Thee.

Thursday, August 28, 2008

new reality show for bravo

i've been pretty hooked on watching project runway and shear genius on bravo. i just like seeing what the designers and stylists create. unfortunately, i have to sit through 40 minutes of drama while they create their designs/styles and then at the end 10 minutes of judging and elimination. so all in all, there is 5 minutes of the show that i really care about.

then, it hit me while i was watching the show and nat was working on his conference paper! i could make a reality show about the drama of publications! i mean, really, each grad student goes through just as much drama as any one of the shows--fighting with advisors or co-authors, stress and panic that you won't finish on time, seeing the process of how a paper unfolds, late nights of working to get your experiments done, etc. for judging, who can be better than the reviewers of the papers? i mean, simon on american idol has nothing on the reviewers. they can be brutal! unlike the current shows, there isn't a real "winner" b/c some of the accepted papers have pretty bad reviews. in addition to the reviews, the judges argue among themselves of what papers to accept. yes, i do think that this should be the next reality show. does any one want to join me? :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

awesome :)

2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home