Always Only For My King

Take my voice and let me sing always, only for my King. Take my lips and let them be filled with messages from Thee. Take my silver and my gold not a mite would I withhold. Take my intellect and use every power as You choose. Here am I, all of me. Take my life, it's all for Thee.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

ignorance is bliss

i think that God has used my naivete to protect me. :) i can think of three things, but two in which i think everyone gets to experience.

  1. marriage. the pastor that married us shared in one of our pre-marital counseling session that if we knew what we were getting into with marriage, that we probably wouldn't want to get married. don't get me wrong, it's worth it, but it does take lots of work! :)
  2. children. i've been having baby fever since the beginning of the year, but i don't think i fully understand the reprercussions of having kids--pain of childbirth, latenight feedings, terrible twos, conflicts, etc. i think i'm in a happy bubbly place where babies are cute and nice to play with. but again, i think if any of us really knew what it takes to raise children beforehand, we probably wouldn't procreate. :)
  3. nat going to germany for the summer. i really don't think i realize how hard it's going to be for me when nat leaves which has been good because it makes it easier to encourage him to take the position. i think it's because the internship seems so far away, in regards to time. but it's a great opportunity for nat, so i think that 3 months apart, though difficult, will be worth it.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll note that my sister was born when I was 16 and I don't want to have kids.

-DC

2:48 PM  
Blogger Ramona said...

hmm, so you didn't get touched by the "ignorance is bliss" fairy. i'm not sure if it would change my mind. :)

3:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Ramona!!! Hope you had a great celebration.

8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home