Always Only For My King

Take my voice and let me sing always, only for my King. Take my lips and let them be filled with messages from Thee. Take my silver and my gold not a mite would I withhold. Take my intellect and use every power as You choose. Here am I, all of me. Take my life, it's all for Thee.

Monday, October 16, 2006

planted by streams of water...

it says in psalm 1:3

He [a man who delights in the law of the Lord] is like a tree planted by streams of water,
which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither.
Whatever he does prospers.

i have not been a wife that is like a tree planted by streams of water. i have been spiritually dry recently, though i've been reading the Word and praying. but the passion and hunger is missing. on saturday, i realized the extent of this when i realized i had not been spiritually intimate wiht nat (i.e. asking how he was spiritually, praying for him, praying with him outside of meals, etc.).

but God is so good to draw me back (ever so slowly). at breakfast, as we were preparing for small group, God put it on my heart to pray for nat. i read and prayed psalm 145 over him, and it made me weep. it was as if my soul was weeping because it realized how long it has been that nat and i were intimate spiritually. God is good, and i am so awestruck how He has lovingly wooed me and placed a desire in my heart to pursue more intimacy with Him and nat. it isn't by force or guilt that God has done this, but rather with gentleness and love that the Holy Spirit has nudged me! what an amazing God!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey ramona, haven't talked in a while! say hi to nat for me.

warren

2:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Built by streams of water, yet on firm ground. That's some prime real-estate right there. I'll tell you what.

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home