Always Only For My King

Take my voice and let me sing always, only for my King. Take my lips and let them be filled with messages from Thee. Take my silver and my gold not a mite would I withhold. Take my intellect and use every power as You choose. Here am I, all of me. Take my life, it's all for Thee.

Thursday, March 01, 2007

pregnancy, the untold stories

the further along i am in my pregnancy, the more amazed i am in how God orchestrated pregnancy both in the changes of the child and the mom. some of these amazing things are shared more often than others (i.e. the pregnant lady "glow", feeling the baby move for the first time), but i thought it would be more fun to share some of the stranger/weird things that i've found out so far (new leaves helped inspire this post from a conversation we had tonight):
  • before week 12, the baby looks really, really weird--early on it has a split open "head", it has gills, it has a tail, it has "paddles" instead of hands, and at week 10 it looks like a fish.
  • women can grow extra flaps of skin--i have two, one underneath each arm pit that look like moles.
  • as my hips have widen, i've started to walk differently (some may say it looks even like a waddle =)).
  • feeling your skin stretch as you start expanding--when i sneeze or cough, my skin feels super taut.
i'm sure i'll add to the list as i progress. :)

oh, i just also like to thank y'all for your love, support, encouragement, and prayers during this time for nat, i, and the baby. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Ellie said...

Hi Ramona!

Those weird little flaps of skin are officially called "skin tags". Definately on the list of pregnancy oddities. Less common but often pregnancy related are papillomas, which are benign skin tumors. I got one on my tongue when I was pregnant with William and had to have it surgically removed. Betcha that's something you never wanted to know about me. :)

8:19 PM  
Blogger Ramona said...

that's weird to get one on your tongue. :)

naw, you'd be surprised to know that i like to find out lots of interesting things about people. :)

11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home