Always Only For My King

Take my voice and let me sing always, only for my King. Take my lips and let them be filled with messages from Thee. Take my silver and my gold not a mite would I withhold. Take my intellect and use every power as You choose. Here am I, all of me. Take my life, it's all for Thee.

Monday, April 23, 2007

birthday

this year, my birthday seemed to creep up on me -- yesterday i turned 28 (and for some of my friends it was a surprise to find out how old i was). :) i think it's been the traveling to california (twice in 4 weeks) that made the weeks seem to fly by.

my darling husband woke me up in the morning with tons of kisses, we went to church, had lunch, i took a nap, went to dinner, and had some friends over. it was a nice relaxing day with lots of sunshine. :)

i think at times it's hard for me to celebrate my birthday in recent years b/c there's this expectation to have this spectacular day. i get caught up in this hype and it can lead to disappointment i think. this year, i was determined just to enjoy the day and not have any expectations, and i think it helped me enjoy the day much better. :)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

5:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're so old!!!!!

-DC

9:54 AM  
Blogger Ramona said...

thanks dennis. :)

i'm not that old dc.

11:38 AM  
Blogger Kris C. said...

Happy belated birthday, Ramona! (By the way, you're not that old - I just hit thirty in Nov., and I don't know why everyone's always afraid of it. You're only as old as you feel!)

Kris

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home