Always Only For My King

Take my voice and let me sing always, only for my King. Take my lips and let them be filled with messages from Thee. Take my silver and my gold not a mite would I withhold. Take my intellect and use every power as You choose. Here am I, all of me. Take my life, it's all for Thee.

Monday, April 30, 2007

conference life

it's the first day at the conference, and i've been reminded of some interesting aspects of "conference" life.

  • at any given time, there are a good number of people 1) socializing 2) using their laptops (we have free wireless) or 3) on their cellphones not attending the talks.
  • in almost every presentation i've sat and watched i've found people 1) socializing 2) using their laptops and 3) sleeping.
all this leads me to wonder how much people are getting out of the conference and the presentations?

i did really like one thing that they've done at the conference. in the morning, there is an hour in which every presenter can give a 30 plug for their talk. it was from these "advertisements" that i picked which tracks i was going to.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's why I'm a big fan of the courses. You have to be reasonably committed to pay the extra $25 for each course.

Also, they're often better speakers and more applicable materials to "real life".

-DC

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home