Always Only For My King

Take my voice and let me sing always, only for my King. Take my lips and let them be filled with messages from Thee. Take my silver and my gold not a mite would I withhold. Take my intellect and use every power as You choose. Here am I, all of me. Take my life, it's all for Thee.

Monday, May 14, 2007

tag i'm it

i have gestational diabetes. :P i'm going to a class on wednesday to help me control it. despite being a little bummed about not eating some sweets i've been craving (ice cream, cake, frozen custard), i've been ok. :) i'm thankful that:
  1. it's only the last 10 weeks of the pregnancy (as opposed to the whole pregnancy)
  2. the doctor's did the blood work to catch the diabetes
  3. our insurance will probably cover for the glucose monitor
  4. when the diabetes is well monitored, the pregnancy goes smooth (as if there was no diabetes).

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I'm glad that your doctor caught it. I am a little sad that you won't be able to share in Jarlings when I visit ... though I'm sure we can all go once the tyke is out and about. :-)

5:10 PM  
Blogger JadeEJF said...

Eating like a diabetic isn't too bad :) I do it all the time. :D Just remember whatever your doctor told you (which is probably that complex carbs are okay when eaten with good amounts of protein). And hey, at least you don't have too long to worry about it!

1:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would it make you feel better if Diana promises to not eat sugar for the rest of the summer in support of you?

-DC

11:30 AM  
Blogger Ramona said...

jadeef - thanks for the encouragement. :) yes, i have to remember to be thankful that it's only for the home stretch! :)

dc - that's sweet for diana to offer, but i don't think it's necessary. :) if she's wanting to do this on her own, that's a different story. :)

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home