Always Only For My King

Take my voice and let me sing always, only for my King. Take my lips and let them be filled with messages from Thee. Take my silver and my gold not a mite would I withhold. Take my intellect and use every power as You choose. Here am I, all of me. Take my life, it's all for Thee.

Monday, July 16, 2007

my first (maybe last?) afghan

yay! i finally finished my first afghan! it's about 5 months late* for the baby i intended it for, but i've managed to finish it before i've gone into labor and before the baby and her mom move to texas! :) here is the finished product:


* crocheting the afghan was fun for the first 2 weeks, but then i got sick of it/disinterested in it (much like my other hobbies i've tried to start!). i'm not sure if i'm going to start another afghan, but if i do, i'm hoping that it will be smaller, use bigger yarn, and require a bigger crochet hook. :)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

where is your baby??

klo

5:32 PM  
Blogger Ramona said...

my baby is still in the tummy, klo. :) it's official debut is 7/25, but we'll see when it comes. :)

5:40 PM  
Blogger Kris C. said...

Nice job on the afghan. Next time, definitely go with bigger yarn and a bigger hook. Maybe the next one can be for your baby? :)

7:43 PM  
Blogger Ramona said...

i must admit, i printed out some new afghan patterns last night and picked the next one i'll do (probably for our own baby). unfortunately, the yarn is only a wee bit thicker, but the hook is the same. however, the pattern is much simpler, so hopefully that means less time! :)

4:23 PM  
Blogger Frenchie Smalls said...

Ramona, Dwayne and I decided that it's time for you to have your baby now. No more waiting... yer belly's gittin' too big. Looks like it's gonna pop or something.

You have our blessing, so go ahead. We all know that you were waiting for our blessing... and now you have it.

Let's rock and roll. We all want to see it.

8:35 PM  
Blogger Ramona said...

thanks frenchie smalls for you (and dwayne's) approval to have the baby now. :) i'm sure the baby will take your approval into consideration as it decides when it's going to make its debut! :)

10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home