Always Only For My King

Take my voice and let me sing always, only for my King. Take my lips and let them be filled with messages from Thee. Take my silver and my gold not a mite would I withhold. Take my intellect and use every power as You choose. Here am I, all of me. Take my life, it's all for Thee.

Monday, October 29, 2007

discipline for our good

i was reading hebrews 12:7-11 the other day, and i was struck by the verse 10:
Our fathers disciplined us for a little while as they thought best; but God disciplines us for our good, that we may share in his holiness.

the contrast between what is "best" versus what is "good" really stuck out at me. i read the idea of "best" as the intention for my good and doing what it right, but not always achieving it. with God, however, the "good" in discipline is always right for what we need. as i thought of this, God reminded me of the verse in romans 8:28, "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." so there is always a purpose for His discipline for His children. with our earthly parents, there might not always be a good purpose for their discipline. this idea is so humbling for me, especially as a parent. it reminds me of how imperfect i am! but i'm thankful that our Heavenly Father is perfect and i can depend on Him for perfect discipline!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home