Always Only For My King

Take my voice and let me sing always, only for my King. Take my lips and let them be filled with messages from Thee. Take my silver and my gold not a mite would I withhold. Take my intellect and use every power as You choose. Here am I, all of me. Take my life, it's all for Thee.

Friday, September 21, 2007

consumed....

current idol: worrying about being a good parent*
symptoms: reading lots of websites, calling people for advice, not getting a lot done outside of laundry, taking care of sean, and eating
conviction: nat this morning, "didn't we agree last night that you should read the Bible before you read anymore websites"
prayer: God, please forgive me for placing parenthood before You. help me to remember that 1) i can't do this without You, 2) You have blessed me to be sean's mom and with You everything will be ok, 3) to be thankful and cherish the current days and moments instead of worrying about things of the future, 4) that i am sinful and imperfect and i won't always make the right decision with sean, but that's ok. Lord, help me to focus on You and the Gospel so that i may see that my current idol pales in comparison to knowing You. my desire is to set my mind on things above, but i am failing Lord. please help me have the desire and focus of killing my sin and becoming more Christlike. Jesus, i need You this hour and every hour. amen.

* i've seen so many great examples of parents out there (i.e. many of you that read this blog) that love the Lord and aren't consumed like i am with parenthood. i praise God for these examples and the encouragement it brings to me.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry. I'm assured that by the fifth kid, you'll have this part down pat.

10:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

of us are still consumed...

continuous repentance and continuous prayer...

what a life!

Egana

3:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops - "some" of us are still consumed -

I forgot the some...

"of us are still consumed" doesn't make any sense...

*grin*

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home