Always Only For My King

Take my voice and let me sing always, only for my King. Take my lips and let them be filled with messages from Thee. Take my silver and my gold not a mite would I withhold. Take my intellect and use every power as You choose. Here am I, all of me. Take my life, it's all for Thee.

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

grrr... afghan blues

i remember one of the reasons why i didn't want to start another afghan. :P earlier this week i noticed a big mistake that i made around row 20. the real stinky part was i was already crocheting on row 35. then, i noticed a smaller mistake around row 15, so i unraveled some more. then, i noticed the same small mistake at row 3. i didn't have the heart to unravel to that point (which is basically starting over), so i'll just have to live with the fact that it's there. now, i have a huge blue ball of yarn that i have to "recrochet". :sigh: :)

6 Comments:

Blogger Kris C. said...

Depending on how the mistake looks and if you can live with it, you can always call it a "design feature."

9:47 AM  
Blogger Ramona said...

thanks kris! :) it's not that noticeable (i just forgot one double crochet in a shell). i'll always think of it as a mistake! :)

10:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's the difference between handmade and machine made -- it's the special human touch. My mom always talked about people who specifically put a 'mistake' in their handmade products as a symbol that it wasn't from a machine.

You're the only one who will notice it and you'll know where it is but anyone else would have to look for a while to notice.

11:44 PM  
Blogger Ramona said...

fruittart: i'd like to say that i deliberately made the mistake so that people would know it's handmade, but, alas it's not true. :P

1:52 PM  
Blogger Frenchie Smalls said...

But now you can say that you deliberately left it in, so in a way, you can say that it's there of your own accord, and therefore, a deliberate mistake!

Right?

6:43 PM  
Blogger Kris C. said...

When making things to give to others, if I discover a mistake like that, I have my husband look at it and decide if he can find the mistake. If he can't, then I leave it there. If he can, then he decides if it's obvious enough to rip out or if it will be a "design feature." If it's something that will stay in our house, I usually rip it out, because I'll always see that spot first and it will bug me!

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home