Always Only For My King

Take my voice and let me sing always, only for my King. Take my lips and let them be filled with messages from Thee. Take my silver and my gold not a mite would I withhold. Take my intellect and use every power as You choose. Here am I, all of me. Take my life, it's all for Thee.

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

oh Lord, You never let go*...

this morning, i'm struck by God's faithfulness to me and how He truly does sustain my faith in Him. this past sunday, i was able to go to a concert of prayer at my church. it was setup so that there were 5 tables with pieces of paper that led our time of silent meditation and prayer. some of the topics were: hiding the Word in our heart by memorizing Scripture, examining our hearts for what we pray for and seeing how we can know God better, understanding and confessing the depths of our sin by praying through a psalm. God really used that time to really help me to focus back on Him instead of being so focused on motherhood and babies.

please pray that i would be able to continue seeing God more daily and not to be so focused on sean. i know it makes such a big difference when i do this!

* this is part of the chorus from matt redman's "you never let go" song the rest of the lyrics are here:

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
Your perfect love is casting out fear
And even when I’m caught in the middle of the storms of this life
I won’t turn back
I know You are near

And I will fear no evil
For my God is with me
And if my God is with me
Whom then shall I fear?
Whom then shall I fear?

Chorus:
Oh no, You never let go
Through the calm and through the storm
Oh no, You never let go
In every high and every low
Oh no, You never let go
Lord, You never let go of me

And I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on
A glorious light beyond all compare
And there will be an end to these troubles
But until that day comes
We’ll live to know You here on the earth

Chorus:

Yes, I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on
And there will be an end to these troubles
But until that day comes
Still I will praise You, still I will praise You

2 Comments:

Blogger lisa_floral_1 said...

I was just doing a search for this song and it brought me to your page. Thank you so much for your insight and uplifting! I am also as mother and a wife and so it was wonderful to hear someone else that struggles with balancing motherhood, being a wife and finding time to focus on the Lord. I have scattered verses all over the house to coorespond with whatever activity I might be doing so that I can meditate on God's Word while I am doing other things...so both needs are met. Some of the Lisa Welchel books had some great ideas on how to continue to focus on the Lord and make HIM the center of the family. I will pray that you will be given opportunity to soak up the Lord everyday...but also that you will have wonderful tools to teach your baby all about our wonderful God!! Thank you so much for your inspiration and understanding this morning. I needed it!!

8:49 AM  
Blogger lisa_floral_1 said...

Oh, here is email address for follow-up if you would like - I can continue to pray for you

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home