Always Only For My King

Take my voice and let me sing always, only for my King. Take my lips and let them be filled with messages from Thee. Take my silver and my gold not a mite would I withhold. Take my intellect and use every power as You choose. Here am I, all of me. Take my life, it's all for Thee.

Thursday, August 30, 2007

if i could turn back time

i love sean a lot, and as the weeks have gone by, i've learn to love and adore him more and more. even with that, there have been times where i wish i could go back to the times where sean hadn't come out yet. i miss the times where it was just nat and i. i miss getting nat's undivided attention as the "most important" person in his life (minus God/Jesus). i miss the footloose and fancy free life. i miss having to be less responsible.

despite all these things, i see how God is working in my life. it used to be that i never knew how selfish i was until i got married. now, i really know how selfish i am having to serve my son. God continues to refine me by being a mom. i need to remember to be thankful and joyful of the times i had just being a wife and also to be thankful for this time period as well. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Kris C. said...

We're just never satisfied, are we? The grass is always greener....just remember that while it is very important to tend to your baby, it is also important to still have one-on-one "Nat and Ramona" time. (Yeah, I know - we're terrible about that, too...) If you're at all like us, you'll have to schedule it, because spontaneous date-times don't work well with an infant!

7:39 PM  
Blogger M. Sakiestewa said...

When my daughter was a few weeks old, I clearly remember my wife telling her (with tears in my wife's eyes), "I wish you would go back to where you came from." I then looked at my wife and said with all serousness, "Should I take her back to the hospital?"

9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home