Always Only For My King

Take my voice and let me sing always, only for my King. Take my lips and let them be filled with messages from Thee. Take my silver and my gold not a mite would I withhold. Take my intellect and use every power as You choose. Here am I, all of me. Take my life, it's all for Thee.

Saturday, November 03, 2007

out at the cape

i'm blogging from the cape! as we speak, tropical storm noel is heading our way. it's nice and rainy and windy outside. :( we're here to go to nat's cousin's wedding. i'm hoping that everything still goes pretty smoothly despite the storm (we have a flood warning on the cape, and it's expected that we'll have 70 mph wind gusts!). the wedding also serves as a mini-reunion for nat's family! it's great!

on a different note, nat pointed out as we were traveling from detroit to providence that i was the only asian person on the plane. conversely, there were at least 10 asians on the flight from champaign to detroit. i noticed last night, that i was also the only asian at both restaurants we went to. not only that, but i noticed all the other guests were caucasian. it got to us thinking, why are there not as many different ethnicities represented in new england? thoughts?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think there just aren't a lot of incentives for people to move there unless they were born there. Way back when, there were incentives when people came over from Europe. Now, it's easier (especially if you're immigrating) to move to a big city or to some place near the Mexican border (especially if you're coming from Latin America).

It's similar in Colorado.

I don't actually know, that's just my first guess.

10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home