Always Only For My King

Take my voice and let me sing always, only for my King. Take my lips and let them be filled with messages from Thee. Take my silver and my gold not a mite would I withhold. Take my intellect and use every power as You choose. Here am I, all of me. Take my life, it's all for Thee.

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

mom's food....

ah, i got almost 2 weeks of my mom's food. yum-o as rachel ray would say! :)

while i was scarfing down all that good homecooked chinese food, i realized how uncreative i am when i cook chinese food*. i usually cook the same food in the exact same way over and over again. my mom, however, seems to have a variety of ways of cooking the same food (most of which are vegetable dishes). for example, she changed up a sauteed cucumber dish by adding some diced up pork, and i thought "wow! this is good!" i think for me, i'm scared to try new things with chinese dishes b/c i know what things are supposed to taste like, and i feel like if i make too many changes, it won't taste as good. and even though i know what things are supposed to taste like, i don't always know what to put into the dish to make it taste right. :P i hope that one day i can be as innovative and creative as my mom. :)

* i think this is ironic b/c when i started cooking, i felt chinese food was what i cooked best b/c i needed recipes for all other cuisines. nowadays, i feel i can be more creative and innovative with non-chinese foods.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be a risk-taker!

9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home